29.11.09

Puzzles

Posted by patlolla

1. What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 1/2 goat.....
.
.....................??????



2.


Every student in a second grade class sends a Dipawali Cards to each of the other students in the class, for a total of 306 Cards.

How many students studied are in the class....?






3.


Solve this… Very Simple riddle…




I am an 8 letter word.



1. I am kept secret by everyone.




2. my 2nd, 3rd, 4th letters is an animal




3. my 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th letters is a fighting weapon.




4. my 1st, 2nd, 8th letters is used for writing exam.



5. my 3rd, 4th letters are same.



Find it? I did...u?





4.


My friend Nisha was throwing a very grand party and wanted to borrow from me 100 wine glasses.

I decided to send them through my boy servant Harish. Just to give an incentive to Harish to deliver the glasses intact I offered him 3 paise for every glass delivered safely and threatened to forfeit 9 paise for every glass he broke. On settlement Harish received Rs. 2.40 from me.

How many glasses did Harish break..?






5.

I do not breathe but run and jump.I do not eat but i swim and stretch.I do not drink but i sleep and stand I do not think but i grow and play.I do not see but you see me every day.What am i....??




6.

A husband and wife have a combined age of 91.
The husband is now twice as old as his wife was when he was as old as she is now.
How old are they..?




7.

00shop quiz(very very tough )

A boy comes to a small shop in a village. He has a ten rupee note in his
hand to buy some items. He chooses 4 things to buy. The shopkeeper
tells the boy that he has to pay 7 Rupees and 11 paise. Now the
shopkeeper in his boredom wants to confuse the boy. He tells him he
multiplied the prices of the four items to get the amount the boy had to
pay. It turns out that the boy did his basic math and agreed with the
shopkeeper as to what had to be paid. What were the prices of the four
items?




8.

hotel puzzle(medium)

Three people check into a hotel. They pay £30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is £25 and gives £5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that £5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets £2 and gives £1 to each person. Now each person paid £10 and got back £1. So they paid £9 each, totalling £27. The bellboy has £2, totalling £29. Where is the missing £1?